View Single Post
bishop618

Old March 9th, 2017, 02:30 PM
How do I play =
Currently the plan is any way possible. It will probably be via computers since my group is spread out for most of the year, and all in one house on the times we are able to.
Players =
They have Iphones, & all I have is Android.
We are not anti-digital

(A quick heads up with the topic below, I'm in the dark pretty much when it comes to VTTs. I have looked into Roll20 & Fantasy Grounds, but thats it. So what I am typing is the extent of my knowledge on the subject)

My idea was to have tabs with the Realm Works program open, with a VTT & Skype like thing set up for the players on the same screen. All they would need is one computer screen, and they can just switch back & forth if needed
As the potential DM, I would have a similar set up with a few more tabs open for quick references/resources. If needed there would be a table next to me with the dungeon map that I could move the camera on (adjustable webcam skype thing).

My primary concern/focus is compiling all of the data into an organized/structured format that's easily accessible. Realm Works is my primary solution for this. However I don't have access to my computer when I'm not at my desk, and inspiration/ideas wait for no one. I'm wanting to be able to have an app that could hold the information as well so I can access it on the go. I'm hoping that I won't have to insert the information twice into multiple programs, which will probably end up like a game of telephone.

Currently my main realm has a bunch of articles with the names of pdf's and just the names of their content under them. My plan is to fill in the information and then resort the completed files into the appropriate categories.

I'm aware that I probably have too much stuff, and the standard response would be to focus on filling out what you need. However, seeing as 1. I haven't played before, 2. My potential group hasn't been able to get in contact with me about their preferences about specific content, & 3. I have the time, I've just been going from pdf to pdf.
bishop618 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote