View Single Post
Pollution

Old November 24th, 2014, 03:04 AM
Yeah, you all have players that are like, 'oh, I was hoping for more...'

That's great! Your players seem invested.

My players....They all but told me flat out that they'd never use it. Serously had one player say to me, "It looks neat, but I'll never start it up in the first place. I haven't ever opened a book." (I gave him access to my library on Google Drive from all my DriveThruRPG purchases for the game). So he won't ever appreciate any of this.

I have one player who couldn't care less as well. He in fact, may not come back to the table because....bored? Blase? doesn't care? He has a great time when he comes, but he skips more games than he shows. (i.e. goes to a college football game, or to a bar, rather than play). What sucks about him, is that this is my best friend. In asshole mode lately I guess.

Then, there's the other 3. Husband/Wife/Kid combo (17 yr old kid). They're great, really, but I HONESTLY invited them as filler, and they're the only ones who actually always show. To say they're IT illiterate would be an understatement. They own a PC they bought for $30 at GoodWill. It runs Windows XP....barely.... There's just no way they could ever even RUN RW.

So, yeah, my group sucks. The only 2 who would even be able to use the P.E. won't cause they're lame.

Don't get me wrong, the moment I started using RW, they were all like, "WOW! That's cool!" Their expectations of my games have gone up quite a bit (had one guy tell me that he went to a PFS event and left disappointed, "They didn't even use a digital map dude! It was all on paper! He drew out the battlemap man! Never going again!") lol. If I slack off, and don't include pictures for NPCs or Monsters, they get all like, "What's it look like?" I tell them, they say, "Yeah, but where's the picture?" I was sick one week and didn't put in the next dungeon into RW, so I just drew it out for them before hand, and they were all like, "wow, that's pretty low tech of you, Pollution." Serously, If I'm not putting in notes, descriptions, battlemaps, profiles, etc... into the Player View, they now feel cheated. But P.E.? Nope, not for them. Maybe for the 3, but again, Potato PC.

So, cherish your players, mine suck.

Last edited by Pollution; November 24th, 2014 at 03:07 AM.
Pollution is offline   #9 Reply With Quote