View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 5th, 2018, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBland View Post
This is great and is a wonderful start. so a quick question, if i want more options to become available like as a Class, would it be easier just to create a new Bending Class instead or would this option as a Racial Gift work best? i just want to make it the best i can without going overboard with things.

Y'know K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Stupid!!!!!
Well if you make a new class, you end up having to make new copies of the spells so you can add the class tags to the new class. Otherwise they won't pop up for the class... If you notice how hero lab's editor does spells, the classes are tagged on the actual spell... which may actually be a lot more work than the tag expression I gave you. Manually copying each spell you need just to remove the class tags and add new class tags will take a lot of time rather than just looking up the thing ids for a tag expression.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote