View Single Post
gaffneyks

Old February 7th, 2017, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I would think LWD would have 5e material if they could.

I will point out that most any PF module can be converted to 5e relatively easily. Assuming a well formatted module in RW it shouldn't be too hard to go through and find all the skill checks, saving throws, NPC's and monsters and convert them to 5e.
Isn't the whole point of the Content Market "READY MADE CONTENT"? Why would I buy a product I don't want just to use Realm Works and then have to go to the trouble of changing the product?

LWD needs to realize that even though the base Realm Works product does not compete with the Virtual Tabletops . The content market sure does. And if Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds can come to an agreement with WOTC. Then it would be in LWD best interest to do so also, or lose business. Its not like they did not have a long time to make a deal with WOTC since it has taken so long for them to go live.

I already entered everything I need for LMOP into Realm Works, but I needed the maps. Once I went out and purchased the maps from Mike Schley for $10 I saw that the whole adventure was for sale on Fantasy Grounds and Roll20 for $20. And it got me thinking, LMOP was just for the first 5 levels. Do I really want to do this all over to add Princes of the Apocalypse to Realm Works?

Why did i take the time to enter this in Realm Works when for $10 more I could have just purchased the whole adventure? Now granted I would have to purchase the virtual tabletop software and get everyone to agree to stop using miniatures and use the virtual tabletop. But still.

I had hoped the content market would solve this problem for me, it appears that LWD has decided to focus on Paizo products, hence it has not solved my problem and I am disappointed. Thus my above post.
gaffneyks is offline   #5 Reply With Quote