View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 8th, 2020, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Can we recommend the forums are cleaned up and stickies made to bring attention to the current state of Realm Works and the known work-around for this issue documented and pinned?
I'll see what can be done about that...

Quote:
Honestly I would think the Content Market should also be updated with some information as to the known limitations.
Regarding HLClassic integration, all that's needed is to launch it via Realm Works or the icon/shortcut for the 32-bit version. The HLC installer automatically installs both versions.

Where would you suggest we post this to make it clear? You appear to have clear knowledge of the complaints being lodged in these other circles, so you probably have some recommendations.

Quote:
In regards to the import bugs. 255 was never formally released and I would call your attention to the forums where multiple users reported issues with 255. People were uninstalling it and reverting back to 253 in order to maintain the ability to import/export. I never tested it myself in fear of loosing... well part of my soul.
The only quote I see about 255 not working in that thread is this: "255 is broken anyway, so that would't be useful at all." When I read that, I assumed it was due to the certificate error, since it lacked any further useful information.

According to the developer I spoke with over the weekend, the only problem we're aware of is what we fixed in build 255. If there is anything else wrong, it's not on the radar of that developer (nor myself, since I've been getting my information from him about those details). So we're absolutely gonna need more details and concrete examples to replicate any additional problems.

Also, all of the material we've published imports smoothly for us in build 254 and build 255. From what I understand, the bug we fixed in build 255 was limited to user-exported material in build 254.
rob is offline   #29 Reply With Quote