View Single Post
EightBitz

Old February 23rd, 2017, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyRPG View Post
I guess I'm trying to figure out why all of these elaborate import and export options are being created by users to move data;
Because we can. What some of us (two, at least) are working on now has no bearing on what LWD may or may not do in the future.

Quote:
is there no plan to allow spreadsheet/csv imports at some point? This seems like basic functionality that is missing or is this intentional?
That fact that users in the community have started working on their own import scripts, that doesn't mean that LWD has nothing planned for the future, or that even if they had nothing planned that they won't adapt to customer expectations.

Right now, they're focusing on the bread and butter of RW, the content market. They're also working on custom calendars, which has been a long-promised feature that initially gave them more trouble than they expected.

I can't tell you what they might or might not do in the future, but in the meantime, some of us are trying to do what we can to facilitate things.

Farling has has his XSLT script, which I'm sure works fine, but I like to do things a little differently than others sometimes, so I'm working on my own script as well.

And that's really as far as it goes right now. We don't know all the future plans, but those of us who can help fill in some gaps right now are sharing what we can do.

My script still has a some issues I have to figure out (not the least of which is that it expects an empty realm), and my aim is to iron those out, expand it for other types of topics (not just spells), and make it more modular and flexible.

If LWD or someone else comes up with something better by then, so be it. But for now, I'll do what I can, and I'm excited that, though Rob may wish to discuss some concerns and coordinate some things, he is nonetheless supportive about our projects and our willingness to share.
EightBitz is offline   #23 Reply With Quote