View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:36 PM
We're here for exactly the purpose you posted.

Now on to your questions...

1. Alpha Wolf backers are essentially pre-paying for everything. So the product itself is included and top-tier cloud support is included. I guess it's theoretically possible for someone to want more storage or bandwidth than we'll include at the top tier, in which case there could be additional charges for that, but I'm sure not expecting that to occur. In addition, the Alpha Wolf backer level doesn't necessarily include everything we might think of adding in the future, which leads to your second point.

2. We don't envision charging for updates to the core Realm Works product itself, even though we'll continue evolving the product well into the future. That being said, there are some major components planned that would be separate add-ons available for purchase. For example, we have a mapping tool on the drawing board that we'd love to create. It would work in conjunction with Realm Works, but it would be a separate product that could be purchased by those who wanted it. Features that are integral to the core utilization of Realm Works will be included in free updates. Major components might be split out as separate options.

The business (i.e. revenue) model for Realm Works is vastly different from Army Builder and Hero Lab, so the licensing and sales models will be very different as well. I hope the above answers make sense. If not, please let me know where you still have questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote