View Single Post
Azhrei

Old December 4th, 2019, 11:06 AM
So I've reactivated my license and I can see the new monsters. Woohoo!

I'm going through the Summon Monster tables (starting with IV since that's the highest level my character can do) and it's a big pain. I can type a string into the search box, but it's never clear exactly what the string should be. For example, "ant, drone" or "drone ant" or "giant ant, drone" e "giant ant (drone)" or ...??

So far I've just been using words that I think are likely to be the most unique, like "drone" in this example, and hoping that it filters the list enough. But even that is kinda strange since there are duplicates of many monsters and no obvious reason for the duplication. For example, the list will indicate that a monster comes from Bestiary 2, then an identical entry below it will also say that it comes from Bestiary 2. The only difference seems to be in the "?" statblock because one has the "© Hero Lab" at the bottom and the other doesn't?!

Anyway, to my next question... Would anyone who has already done this care to share the portfolios they've created? Since I bought the GM Bundle, I now have Bestiaries 1 thru 5 and a couple other books. I presume that if someone has a portfolio that contains these creatures — and they're the ones from those same sources — that I'd be able to use them. (Is that correct?)

Thanks all.
Azhrei is offline   #6 Reply With Quote