View Single Post
Farling

Old February 23rd, 2017, 01:04 AM
Hello folks,

Just like EightBitz, I've been working with the CSV files from pathfindercommunity.net. (My approach is to use XSLT to do the transformation rather than PowerShell.)

I have all four databases translated into

After a final bug is fixed in the import scripts in theory rwexport files can be created for all the information. However the realm would become stupidly large if you imported all the data, since you would end up with:

2,766 feats (5.8 MB import file)
5,271 monsters (47.4MB import file)
2,713 spells (11MB import file)
3,901 items (22MB import file)

On a test import, it took several hours to import all the data, and the master.realm increased in size by 5 or more GB!

The most obvious filter to start with is to make all the mythic feats a separate import, but how would all the other mass of topics be broken down to something more manageable.

The spells could possibly be reduced to maybe three blocks based on spell level. So you could import only the blocks required for your campaign.

A lot of the monsters appear to be named creatures, rather than generic monsters, so removing uniquely named monsters might reduce the database massively.

The intention would be to release the RWEXPORT files directly, since they contain no modifications to the information other than the format in which they are stored.
Farling is offline   #1 Reply With Quote