View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old February 8th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
Is it dead, MNBlockHead? Let's look at the discussion and the arguments:

<SNIP>

I would be willing to bet that players were the ones who wanted a journal while GMs wanted the calendar. If no weight is given to the type of user then the players' wish would be number one. If that is what happened then at the very least I would make the journal and calendar the first priority; something for the players (who pay a one time smaller fee) and something for the GMs (who paid a one time larger fee PLUS a continuous cloud service fee).
It is dead in that the decision has been made. We are not going to get them to change course now. I would rather LWD successfully execute on their development plan. For future surveys, they may want to consider weighting things differently, but that will depend upon the reception of newly released features.

As for weighting strategies, I would think that many GMs would care a great deal that the product incorporate features their players want. If you are a GM who bought RW for its collaboration capabilities, journals may be much more important than calendars. Also, it appears that many GMs feel that custom calendars are time sink that add little to the player experience (I disagree, but many have expressed that). So I would not be *that* surprised if there were many GMs who voted for journal over calendars.
MNBlockHead is offline   #132 Reply With Quote