View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 17th, 2011, 08:32 PM
So wanted to point out that cheifweasel has created a bunch of HL Video Tutorials to help out the community. These are available for free to view on YouTube.

Four new videos where just uploaded tonight and I wanted to let everyone know about them.

1) The first one is Managing User Files. This tries to go over starting the editor, creating a new .user file, naming convention, and saving of a .user file. Good place to start.

2) The second video is Creating a Cloak. The example takes a cloak of resistance (bonus to saves) and tries to make it into a Cloak of Protection (bonus to AC). I cover the difference of using New (Blank) and New (Copy) in the editor and a good naming standard for Unique IDs to use.

3) The third video is Eval Scripts and Fields part one. This begins the lessons on eval scripts which is the more advanced part of the HL editor. I also begin to show where to find useful information about the different Things and fields in the HL.

4) The fourth video is Eval Scripts and Fields part two. This finishes up the lessons of writing a new eval script that is capable of adding a +1 dodge bonus to AC.

Hopefully the community finds these useful.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #156