View Single Post
pfloyd

Old September 16th, 2016, 03:07 PM
I'm working to create two magic items, each based off of existing items. What I'm not sure on is the syntax I would need to use for both.

The first is easy. it's a Runestone of Protection, which gives a +1 Unnamed bonus to AC (normal, touch and flat-flooted) and to all saves. Sort of like a +1 Ring of Protection and a +1 Amulet of Natural Armor combined.
What I was thinking of was this:
Code:
if (field[gIsEquip].value <> 0) then
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACArmor].value = maximum(hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACLuck].value, 1)
hero.child[vFort].field[vResist].value = maximum(hero.child[vFort].field[vResist].value, 1)
hero.child[vRef].field[vResist].value = maximum(hero.child[vRef].field[vResist].value, 1)
hero.child[vWill].field[vResist].value = maximum(hero.child[vWill].field[vResist].value, 1)
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACDeflect].value = maximum(hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACDeflect].value, 1)
endif
Would this be correct?

Second one is a bit tougher. It's an artifact based on the Monk's Belt, but with a few additions:
1. At 9th level, it provides Dodge as a bonus feat. If the wearer already has Dodge, then it provides an additional Dodge action versus a second opponent, with the action as an interrupt.
2. +1 to hit/damage in melee
I'm sure the GM will also throw in more features as my Monk reaches higher levels.

Now, the Monk's Belt already has this as the code:
Code:
      if (field[gIsEquip].value <> 0) then
~
        ~ If we're a monk, our AC and unarmed damage abilities get
        ~ 5 extra levels
        if (hero.tagis[Classes.Monk] <> 0) then
          hero.child[cMnkAC].field[xExtraLev].value = hero.child[cMnkAC].field[xExtraLev].value + 5
          hero.child[cMnkUnarm].field[xExtraLev].value = hero.child[cMnkUnarm].field[xExtraLev].value + 5
~
        ~ Otherwise, we get 3 upgrades to our unarmed damage, and an AC bonus
        ~ assigned below
        else
          var result as number
          result = hero.child[wUnarmed].assign[Helper.DamageUp]
          endif
        endif
Now it's trying to figure out the syntax for the additional abilities mentioned above.

I've tried doing this before, a couple of years ago with just toying around, but never got anywhere successful.

Oh, and as a bonus, he has bracers that give +1 Strength and AC, enhancement bonuses. Fun, huh?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."
=== Douglas Adams
pfloyd is offline   #1 Reply With Quote