View Single Post
Chemlak

Old September 11th, 2015, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
One good example that come immediately to mind is that a players may hear of a person, place, or thing and therefore I reveal it. Maybe they get a whole lot of information about it. They research the heck out of it or someone hiring them for a job fully briefs the party on that thing. So I can reveal nearly everything about it.

BUT they have not yet encountered it.

Many RW users use the reveal bubbles to indicate that the players know something about something, someone, or somewhere. That doesn't mean that they have encountered that person, place, or thing.
Nice example.

Right now I'm using picture snippets in place of any other sort of "met this thing" indicator: the players might learn details, names, whatever about something, but until they actually perceive it (got to make allowances for scrying somehow) they don't get to see a picture/map/whatever.

Of course, this means I spend an inordinate amount of time trawling the Internet for images to use for things/people/whatever.

Now, if we could user-define different colours for a halo on the reveal indicator, and create a custom legend that we could assign to a floating window, I'd be happier than developer without a leaky sieve for a brain...

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #15 Reply With Quote