View Single Post
SeeleyOne

Old October 13th, 2014, 07:42 AM
In the user file you need to add something. Maybe make an advantage or a Power for being a Vampire or a werewolf. [Note that to make those work you will need to use the Auto-adds, and I would look at another pre-made power as an example on how to make it work]

In whatever that something is, click on its "Sources" edit button. From there you can create a new source with the -New Source- followed with OK. A box opens up with Source Name and Unique ID. You could put World of Darkness in the name, and WoD for the source, or whatever else you want to call it. You can leave the Parent Source alone, and then it will appear at the top of the list when you use the Configure Hero. Press OK.

After you save and Test Now (a button at the top left of the screen) you can use that source id for the precludes.

At first Hero Lab's editor is very daunting. I learned a lot by looking up examples of other things within the editor and coming to the forums. There are only a few of us that will answer on the forums, though. Sometimes it is better to just message one of us.

I once asked a question which never got a reply, only to come back on about a year later and answer it myself. I had learned more by playing with the editor for Savage Worlds and Pathfinder. The Savage Worlds stuff has a benefit in that we can look at its source code and learn from it. I was kind of irritated in that what I wanted to do took me at most 5 minutes when I looked at it again. If only more experienced people would have been willing to tell me before. <shrug>

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #7 Reply With Quote