View Single Post
Parody

Old May 9th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Thanks for putting this together; there's a lot of good information to go through.

Here's a couple of homophones:
Page 12, 3.4.1, paragraph 3: "Since you're focus" -> "Since your focus"
Page 31, first paragraph: "order, there locations" -> "order, their locations"

Section 4.20: I think you do your content creators a disservice. If you're only using Realm Works, then I agree that you don't need to number locations. However, if your content is coming from a source with them or if it will be distributed in a non-Realm Works form (even if you're using Realm Works as your designing application), then you should put the map codes into Realm Works. You want to keep that easy link between the physical/digital document and what's in Realm Works.

I agree that location names should be used both for linking and for better descriptions, but anyone who isn't running that adventure purely from Realm Works or who is familiar with it in its non-Realm Works form will have an easier time using your content if they can see the map codes if they want. (Elsewhere the document talks about using them as prefix identifiers. Maybe a reference to that section would be good here?)

I bring this up because this section, while titled as if they're optional, reads to me as if they're completely useless. Maybe it doesn't come across to others that way. Maybe that's the intent. I just think that a best practices type document should say "we think you should do it this way" as well as "but here's why you might not".

Hope this helps.

Parody is online now   #2 Reply With Quote