View Single Post
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 11th, 2010, 12:22 PM
For what it's worth, as someone who has some knowledge of the thorny issues of trademark law, I applaud your decision as being completely reasonable. I don't think the people who are complaining about it really understand the complicated situation you're in. *wry grin* There's a reason why Trademark and Copyright law is one of the few branches of law that you can advertise yourself as specializing in in every state of the country. It's that complicated and arcane, and the stakes are that high.

As regards the comment about Johnson and Johnson not going after message boards where people use lowercase "band-aid," that's because most companies will sue the life out of anyone trying to infringe on their trademarks. Instead, WolfLair is trying to be nice enough to warn people of the issues they're facing by infringing upon their trademark. Try advertising your brand of "John's Band-Aid adhesive bandages" on the internet and I suspect you'll get a summons rather than a warning that you're potentially infringing.
Duggan is offline   #10