View Single Post
Weissrolf

Old April 3rd, 2018, 03:38 PM
The subscription is a problem, not because of the subscription itself, but because it is a paywall for other paid content. Usually with subscription models you get the full deal, all content in one package (or different tiers), here you only get allowance to use what you already own.

There is a plus side to it, though: Ongoing subscription prices are relatively low, so that you don't pay higher subscription prices for content when you don't have time to play anyway.

What I miss from the main web-page is more comprehensive information:

- Do all players of a gaming group have to pay subscription?

- Do all players of a gaming group have to buy packages? Can they display character sheets created with packages they don't own themselves?

- Is subscription monthly or yearly? Is there a discount when you pay yearly? Can you easily pause/cancel subscription if you don't play for one/some month(s).

- What parts are fully implemented yet, which are not?

- Will there be adventure path packages?

- Will there be "backup" servers that users can login to when the main site is down (maintenance or otherwise)?

- Is the local browser cache made full use of to keep data transfers to a minimum (important for mobile use)?

- What is a "Lone Wolf account"? It neither seems to be my forum account here nor my Hero Lab Classic license account. How does HLO know about my already licensed packages once Pathfinder is supported?
Weissrolf is offline   #259 Reply With Quote