View Single Post
Exmortis

Old January 8th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
If I have a room description, I want the GM verbiage on bottom. This is the traditional module presentation since the dawn of time.
And since the dawn of time I have personally thought this was outright wrong. I for the life of me cannot understand why the important GM notes needed **BEFORE** the reading of the info or letting the PCs do anything was not right at the top, a big "HEY READ ME FIRST" bit of info. Nothing worse than allowing players to open a door, enter room then to find out that 8 paragraphs below the player text box it states "There us a trap on the door...." <smack>

Inform the GM of important stuff should be first if needed to be known first, and the rest after.

This is exactly How I have setup my encounters, the "Overview" is what the GMs need to know about a room/cave/area/whatever before anything happens, The description is for the player info, and any required GM notes for after its read.

The GM notes attached to each and ever snippet in any other of the sections. Just wish this could be both top or bottom, but its not end of world dealio or anything.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #12 Reply With Quote