View Single Post
Vargr

Old June 3rd, 2015, 09:28 PM
I haven't yet found a tool out there that works for me (and my probably bizarre requirements).

My solution for the time being is a spreadsheet, that maps out the entire year in months and days, including the state of the two moons. I simply type the year in question and I get the dates, days and moon phases (I have a leap year).
The moon phases are important for a number of reasons, among others, people see them as omens.

Admittedly, it requires some spreadsheet knowledge, but not that much.

I have a map and I have decided what types of climates the various areas of the map have (temperate/inland, temperate/coast, tropical, etc).

With these two things I can make the seasons and the dates quite consistent. The maps (a large one and a detailed one) are divided into 60 km and 5 km hexes resp. so the players can easily see how far they can travel by road in a day.
And yes, kilometers - none of that imperial confusion here. :-)

The various holy days, celebrations etc. that happens regularly, I simply put into RW, under The Church (so far they are all religious) in Groups. I have made a sub-group called Sacred Days.

Since we haven't run a full year circle yet, I am simply adding things here as we go forward.

Apart from that, I looked at
  • Aeon Timeline
  • yEd Graph editor
The Aeon Timeline might be useful for timekeeping.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #16 Reply With Quote