View Single Post
mcoyote

Old May 30th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Hi there,

New to the forums, been using HL for a little while now, for both Pathfinder and Shadowrun. A great product, having lots of fun using it.

With respect to the Shadowrun game system, I'm noticing two oddities that may be bugs.

First:

* Add a weapon to your hero, then add some suitable ammo to that weapon, setting its subtype appropriately (e.g., assault rifle)
* Now give this loaded weapon to a vehicle owned by the hero, with the option of vehicles as separate heroes

In my case, this causes validation failures and, upon investigation, the ammo subtype appears to be gone, even though the ammo is still in the weapon, and although the ammo may be edited from the weapon's details view a subtype may no longer be set.

Second:

* Add armor to your hero
* Give this armor to a vehicle owned by the hero, with the option of vehicles as separate heroes

In my case, an error box appears indicating a circular reference ("A inside of B, where B is inside of A", or some such). Moving anything else in this way works fine, only armor seems to cause a problem.

I also have a few, additional curiosities:

* Will there be a drop-down list of knowledge skills built in at some point, or will they remain manual entry?
* Ditto for condition flags (e.g., partial cover, prone, stunned, called shot, perhaps visibility?), automatically integrated into attack/defense dice pool computations?
* Would it be possible to have a selected firing pattern for automatic weapons (e.g., short burst, narrow) settable in the weapon's entry in the weapons tab? This would make it possible for the attack dice pools listed in the dashboard tooltips (which I find very useful) to always be applicable to the current setting.
* Blue sky here -- were one to have the condition flags and firing pattern selection, it seems likely the tactical console could be enhanced to enable (close to) one-click attacks from one hero to another. To ensure completeness, such an option could offer a little "attack" dialog box allowing last-minute overrides of the dice pool mods, ec.

Last edited by mcoyote; May 31st, 2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Clarification.
mcoyote is offline   #8 Reply With Quote