Thread: Quick question.
View Single Post
AEIOU

Old December 30th, 2015, 07:45 AM
There are several ways to approach everything in RW. Some make more sense or are easier or work better for a situation. Find what works best for you.

I create cast lists which contain all of the major NPCs for a locale. This is the primary location for these people so using the cast list as a container works for me. In the cast list topic, I create a table that lists every NPC for the locale with a super truncated stat list, location and gaming notes. This table is important to me because it includes the barmaids and cobblers and smiths and gongfarmers that the PCs may encounter. It has everyone so I can do a search on one topic for a name and find it.

My method isn't player friendly at the moment though as the table is one huge block containing everyone. I just can't get myself to create individual lines for 100's of people. And I don't want to reveal stats so it would be hundreds of blocks of lines.... RW for me is primarily a GM reference so it's not a big deal. If players need more info they can journal it or I can create a real topic entry to reveal to them.
AEIOU is offline   #6 Reply With Quote