View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 8th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopernicus View Post
First off, I need to make sure the character takes the FAST SHIFTER alternate racial trait at first level.

How can I implement this?

Thanks
So to start I will assume you read the Glossary of Terms to get use to the Editor Terminology. I will also assume you watched the first several Intro Videos on using the editor.

Classes with Prerequisites store the tests on the "Class->Class Level" Thing in the editor. So you can do a New(Copy) on a say an existing class and see their "Expr-reqs" that store the test. As this is an archetype you put it on the "Expr-reqs" directly on the archetype.

The above intro should have also showed you how to turn on the HL Debugging tools "Develop->Enable Data File Debugging". So now load a Kitsune and select your Fast Shifter ART. Then right click on the "?" and you see you have new options and the one you want is the "Copy Unique ID". As that is what we want to check for.

So on the Class Level tab add a new Expr-Reqs and enter:
Code:
#hasability[raKitFastS] <> 0
This means if we have a racial ability with the unique ID of raKitFastS do NOT display an error message. Else display the error message you type in under "Message".

For other Prerequisites scripts think of something that checks for something similar and use New Copy in the editor to view the scripts.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote