Thread: Calendar
View Single Post
weogarth

Old December 20th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Lee View Post
My calendar is a heckuva lot like the Gregorian calendar, except that I have this thing where I get pissy at every fantasy realm being Northern-Hemisphere-centric (seriously - when was the last time you saw "The Frozen South" on a fantasy map?). So in order to run a converted adventure that started with a blizzard on new year's day, I cut my calendar in half and started the year in June. Simple, but super satisfying.

My point being, even if detailed calendar management is a bridge too far, I think giving a little superficial control (renaming months and eras) is still worth it in the mean time.
You Aussies need to get busy making campaign settings in the Southern Hemisphere.

I just may make my next setting, or at least major developed area in my current world, in the south just 'cause.

Last I heard, although I think it may have been a 'high-level version' was that much of the calendar was there just that the interface was.....lacking. Given that they haven't implemented it yet, I suspect there is a touch more to the story or that reworking the interface is going to involve serious head-banging (and not to heavy metal).

We'll see where the Calendars come on the survey and what they come up with when it comes up for dev cycles.
weogarth is offline   #195 Reply With Quote