Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Tasha

Old September 28th, 2013, 08:50 AM
I have been trying to enter a published adventure that I am currently running.

Shouldn't a program's interface be easy enough that if you look at it it's use becomes apparent? I guess I am a bit spoiled by most Mac and iOS programs. If a program's learning curve is too high it will block adoption by the very people it's being written for. A Program is like a comedians material, you can write something that is completely funny to you. The moment that you have to explain it to someone you know that it's not as good as you thought. UI is the hardest part of writing a program.

Thank you all for the help. I hope the engineers working on the program take a look at my post. There are other programs that are supposed to help one run and keep track of a campaign and adventures. The one that I keep coming back to again and again is actually Obsidian portal. Because it's pretty darned easy to use. I am afraid that I will crest this apparent steep learning curve to find that the program is still so difficult to use that it gets in the way of my creativity.

Thanks again and I'll go look for and look at those videos again. Hey, has anyone in the community written any guides. I would rather read instructions than watch a video.
Tasha is offline   #4