View Single Post
JDCoop

Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aku View Post
Not unless you happen to have a copy of shadowrun.hl from before the update. File is kept here: C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\download
at least it is for W7 64 bit. Even then, I don't know if the .por files will roll back correctly. Someone should be along who knows more than I do about this to answer your questions. I hope.
I don't, didn't save the old one before patch, and I don't see an automated back-up in the folders, the new update with issues replaced the old one. Ah well, it is what it is...unfortunately, the gaming session I was preparing for starts in about 10 min...so I've thrown away the 5 or so hours of prep work I did in the HL software and gone back to the incomplete pen and paper sheets everyone was using before I purchased the software. I'm out of time to try and find a work-around. I did try to do so last night for a couple more hours.

Might I suggest - LoneWolf - more testing, maybe an alpha community before releasing a patch? I patched the software without even thinking about it, and trashed half a day of work, then created a couple of hours of trying to figure a work-around, since there's a bug that significantly confounds basic char-sheet printout in the update. IMO updates could also back-up the previous update so we could roll-back in the case of an issue.

If you would like alpha/beta testers, I would sign up and do what I can...I had even custom-coded warrior's way for the physad in the group. I do understand the pressure to get out updates, but if they block basic user functionality, that's no good either.

John
JDCoop is offline   #16 Reply With Quote