Thread: AB40k future?
View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 21st, 2012, 10:09 PM
GW is a money hungry entity in and of itself. Most of its business decisions are made not by the people that do the models, or codexs and army books, but by the Marketing Department. Marketing has a huge strangle hold on everything GW does. Which is why no new armies are coming out. Marketing looks at short term profit not the long haul (because the employees working that department average 1 - 3 years in the company and move on to better paying jobs). They see $ Million loss for 5 years on a new army as a problem, and don't look at ten years down the line when its churning a profit for the company. They are the reason that many of the old army lists were broken up and put into other books (any else remember Chaos Dwarves?). This is the same company that also raises prices every couple years because "it is time to do so." I love Warhammer for all it is but I have my frustrations with the company because Marketing has a leash on everything the designers want to do. They only care about making money right now, and they'll do what they need to do to make it. Their marketing department is very short sighted in terms of profitability. All the "scare tactics" amount to is GW saying 'we want our share of the money' because that is all their marketing department is about right now. Basically they're Tyranids eating wallets and money.

Last edited by RavenX; August 21st, 2012 at 10:50 PM.
RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote