View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 15th, 2015, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoDMC View Post
However, I stand by my point that having a long-term license to my own data is not the same thing as owning my own data. Having my data locked in somebody else's system in such a way that I cannot extract it is not "owning" your own data. As nice as Realm Works is, and as much as I appreciate the complexity that goes into a programmed project (especially one as content driven as RealmWorks), I have to point out that not having data export as an early feature shows me what the company thinks my data is worth to them.
I must respectfully disagree with your conclusion here. This is NOT a reflection of what the company thinks of your data. Not having data export shows you what USERS (i.e. your peers) think the value is in getting their data out of Realm Works compared to all the other features we could be working on. If export had been a high priority across users within the recent survey we completed, it would have been prioritized accordingly. It wasn't.

Please don't personalize this, as such conclusions are fundamentally flawed. Your PEERS spoke very loudly. We're simply listening to them as a collective whole - instead of letting a few disgruntled voices from the crowd dictate our priorities.

And thanks for making this a much more civil discussion this time around.
rob is offline   #16 Reply With Quote