View Single Post
EightBitz

Old July 18th, 2018, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Sorry guys but sitting back and watching new people struggle through the things we have learnt with experience is not something I think we should be doing as a community.

In this case we know the tool is not designed to be used as a VTT. The Dev's have told us the program was never intended to be a VTT.

So it would be cruel imo to sit back and watch newer users request features that we know are necessary because they are trying to replicate the functionality of a VTT. Better to ensure they know the capabilities of the program now before they get a few months in and realise the program is not designed for what they are trying to use it for.

We also know the dev's are basically not here.
"I don't want this feature, so why should you?" is still an invalid argument.

I was responding to Bidmaron's comment that "You attacked a recent poster who made a seemingly reasonable request to increase view limitations simply because you saw no reason for the request in the way YOU use RW."

If someone is requesting a feature that is clearly out of scope, that's a different issue and a different argument. That goes beyond requesting a feature. That's requesting a new paradigm, and a more objective argument can be made as to the impracticality of the request.
EightBitz is offline   #30 Reply With Quote