View Single Post
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 12th, 2017, 11:16 AM
OK, I think I can see two area of confusion in our communication:

There's a difference between the player interface and the editor. When I talk about limits on menus and such, I am talking about the player interface. Where it's set up so the player would make choices about the Race on the character record itself, affecting only that character.

I think you are mostly referring to the editor interface, where the Race record itself is modified, affecting all uses of that Race.

Am I right? If so, that's confusion #1. We are jumping back and forth between interfaces and they are different.

I think confusion #2 lies in that Races are constructed differently in Savage Worlds, code-wise. In the other systems, Races have a number of set attributes. Most of the various drop-downs and field entries are attributes of the Race record. In Savage Worlds, everything is bootstrapped onto the Race record.

That being said, let me look into adding some more user-friendly ways to add bootstraps to Race. I can see that Pathfinder has a few that deal directly with adding bootstraps. I might be able to add buttons to add Edges, Hindrances, Properties, and Abilities.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #151 Reply With Quote