View Single Post
Vargr

Old June 11th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
RW isn't designed to be a VTT.
There are too many tools already available which do the job admirably.

I'm using the Smart Image/map feature to reveal the areas they have explored in an area, but I'm not using pins in real-time to try and show where everybody is moving.
I actually do this on the player view (the monitor hooked into my RW) - it works fairly well actually when I have the party do a Nacht Und Nebel operation in a building or some such thing.

The players tell me where their characters are going, I move the pins and they can see it on the screen and everybody have the same picture regarding where they are.

I then use Fog of World (TM) to show what they can see (taking into accounts corners, massive furniture and light).

It actually works surprisingly well for something that was not really intended to be used that way.

Now, if only we could get pins in different colours and shapes :-)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #26 Reply With Quote