View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 21st, 2023, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spannclann View Post
@RavenX

Ive tried both of these but it has not changed anything. What could I be doing wrong?

hero.child[SlotHoldWa].field[livename].text = "New Name Here"

hero.child[SpellSlots].field[livename].text = "New Name Here"

I have also tried to replace the text but no luck

hero.child[SlotHoldWa].field[livename].text = replace(hero.child[SlotHoldWa].field[livename].text, "Warlock", "Fabled Archer", 0)
Phase and Priority. You need this in Render phase with a late priority to overwrite whatever livename script is already present in the source code. Try a priority of 100000 and see if that helps. Livename is a field that auto generates at a certain phase so if its not changing to what you set it to, then you're changing the field too early.

Hero Lab works through each phase one at a time. It compiles the code from the lowest priority number to the highest in each phase.

So it basically parses Initialize from 0 to 99999999 then moves to Setup and does the same thing parsing the code for each phase individually.

If you are setting in say Final 1000, and another script is running in Render 10000, the Render script will overwrite what you did. Your script has to run later than Render 10000 if you want to make the change you did work.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote