View Single Post
zarlor

Old April 8th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endtransmission View Post
Hmmm. Interesting issue with my attempt to create the after effects as a hindrance... With the Equipment entry I'd bootstrapped the Knowledge (Mythos) skill as:

<bootstrap thing="skKnow">
<assignval field="domDomain" value="mythos"/>
</bootstrap>

This works and adds the full knowledge skill, including the Mythos value.

If I use exactly the same three lines of code in the Hindrance, it creates the Knowledge skill, but doesn't fill in the mythos value, which seems... odd. Bootstrapping other equipment or an injury with the hindrance is fine.
Are you sure you didn't typo something? That works fine for me. Are you doing that with direct editing in the file? If so you might try looking at it from the Editor just in case.

Quote:
jbearwillis, I had a look through all the different Savage Worlds data files for your Harrowed entry. I found the hindrance and bootstrapped edge in HoER.user, were these ones you were talking about?
Either DLNoir or HoER should have what he worked out for me on the Harrowed Hindrance and using that method to "hide" a derived trait with a containerreq. (Unless he meant something else about pointing out the Harrowed thing.)

EDIT: JBear snuck in a response on me!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #15 Reply With Quote