Thread: any updates?
View Single Post
Murrdox

Old September 10th, 2019, 11:35 AM
I'm sure BJ or another Lone Wolf person will come by to give an update on communication, but if people haven't been following the Facebook group, here was her last update that was Realm Works related a few weeks ago:

"We aren't being quiet because we're hiding anything, we're being quiet because there is just absolutely nothing to report on the RW front beyond some PF1 society releases that released as I was heading to Gen Con and the already announced server time being available to purchase.

Realm Works is our passion project, but currently, we need to focus on the products that pay the bills. With the surprise of PF2 coming out and needing to get it all into place before PF1 sales drop off entirely we had to pull pretty much everyone off other teams to ensure it was even remotely close to done on time. We are still supporting Realm Works and have every intention of continuing to do so but at the end of the day we are a business and we have to make sure we take the steps to ensure all our products, Realm Works included, continue to be available for many years to come. Once things calm down, we hope to be able to reassign people back to working on Realm Works again and get fixes and new systems in place."

So, hopefully that will happen soon, since Pathfinder 2 is available for Hero Lab Online now (I'm not a Pathfinder player so I haven't been following the Pathfinder 2 release too closely).

Hopefully we'll get some devs assigned back to Realm Works soonish. I'd love to see releases for Realm Works of the game systems supported by Hero Lab Classic, since that integration between the two products is really fantastic and something I enjoy quite a bit. I'd buy the Shadowrun releases immediately.

I am, however, a bit worried with Hero Lab Online what that is going to do with my Realm Works / Hero Lab integration in the future. Realm Works is user-friendly enough that with enough time and effort I can build a world in Realm Works. Hero Lab Classic is NOT user friendly enough for me to build in. I'm playing Infinity 2D20 at the moment, and I'd love nothing more than to have all my characters and NPCs in Hero Lab, but alas I just can't program all that, so I just have to deal with copying statblocks into Realm Works and living without the combat tracker.

I'm really curious what's going to happen with Shadowrun 6th Edition, and whether that is going to get built into Hero Lab Online or Classic. Cause I really want that Realm Works integration!
Murrdox is offline   #20 Reply With Quote