View Single Post
Viking2054

Old October 2nd, 2014, 06:07 PM
number 1 sounds good to me.

Not sure what you mean by request 2... No cloud service to browse the store for purchasable content? It might be better in my opinion if things purchased through the store had links placed in your cloud storage that didn't count against your cloud storage allotment (or tier of capacity) and would allow you to sync that data even if you didn't have a paid subscription. If you modified the content and then wanted to sync up to the cloud then, the changes would count against your cloud storage. It should work similarly to how Amazon.com treats purchased digital content such as music where, if you purchased it through them, it doesn't count against your amazon cloud storage capacity.

I consider number 3 to be a potential direct threat to hacking and virus/malware infection of my system. I would rather have this feature handled purely by LWD through the cloud service. I don't mind if LWD makes it an option, as long as I can turn it off. Also, why would LWD even consider this option. In my opinion, it would be in LWD's best interest to get the monthly/annual subscription fee for cloud service in order to power this feature. Otherwise they are giving free access with no real return on investment. Unless the web based stuff is severely limited compared to the players edition, why would anyone invest in the players edition? It's also one reason I think the web based stuff shouldn't be a top priority... except for advertising, I don't see any money making capability from a web app. And if they want to use it to advertise the Player and GM versions, then your going to see a bunch of locked capability that says... purchase the player edition to access this feature or that feature... maybe even a few items that may say you need to purchase the GM version.
Viking2054 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote