View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old December 19th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Dark Lord Galen, I've long envied your set up. Currently, however, my "game room" is multi use. It is also the craft room, homework room, etc. I have a number of folding tables in different lengths so I can set up different configurations. But a dedicated game table would be an inconvenience for now.

That's why I'm going with a custom built case that will allow me to easily store the display when not in use and also conveniently grab-and-go, taking it to a friend's home, a FLGS, or a convention. Vents and fans will be built into the case.

It does mean that the display will be higher than the table. But, unless the table it tall, it shouldn't matter and having it elevated a bit will keep dice, snakes, and books from spreading onto it and also give more protection against spills.

My main concern is that the bezel and the case's glass will create too much space between the minis and the battlemap image.

My other concern is whether I'm just throwing away money by buying a 1080p display. But if I buy a 720p, I worry it is not future proof. I mean the case is built to fit the TV. If it turns out that I don't like the TV, then I've wasted money on the display.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #57 Reply With Quote