View Single Post
Kiros

Old March 11th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Oh, and the "Sorcery" option automatically appears in the list of Forbidden Arcane Types. This is triggered by properly assigning the new tag for the background. You do this on the "Arcane Designation" field of the background, as I referred to in the previous post.

If you need me to spell things out in more detail, I can definitely do so. However, I got the sense that you were making some headway and that doing that would be unnecessary. Apologies if I'm wrong about that. :-)
Thanks so much for your help. This doesn't work for me, but I'll show my steps in case there is something amiss:

1) Launch Editor
2) File->New Data File
3) I named it FantasyCompanion and it is saved in the root of the game system folder (I copied SW and named the system SW_FantasyCompanion
4) Did all of the steps you mentioned above - created Drawback, Background, Edge. While creating the Background I selected New Tag under Arcane Designation. I entered Sorcery as the Tag Unique Id. I left the Name and Abbreviation fields blank. Clicked on Test Now! It says "You may now use "Sorcery" within Hero Lab."

The Sorcery background looks to be working fine in the Hero Lab app. I then went back to the Editor, opened up the 'thing_arcane.dat' file to modify Arcane Powers. When I select Armor, and hit the Forbidden Arcane Types button 'Sorcery' does not show up as an option.

Hopefully all of that makes sense. Thanks again for your help Rob.

Kiros
Kiros is offline   #4 Reply With Quote