Thread: CT Feedback
View Single Post
bruuuuuu

Old April 7th, 2020, 06:39 AM
To be fair, modern software is often at least an order of magnitude more complex than was software in the 80s and 90s, when paid beta testers were more common, and Lonewolf are not Microsoft.

If their coffers were as deep as Microsoft's, then I might be more critical of their paid-by-users beta test, but they simply aren't.

I'd have preferred to see Starfinder as an official dataset for HLC, without starship combat, and HLO developed to mirror that, with CT and starship combat. Obviously that wasn't in the cards, and anyone who has read the forums, which include some quite detailed and heartfelt postings by Rob, is well familiar with the resource constraints that they've been working under, and why.

I'm pleased that they're still around, as a company, and continuing to work on this, quite frankly. The analogy breaks down fairly quickly, and I'm not directing my comments at any specific poster here, but if you've got someone convalescing from a serious wasting disease in a hospital, you're a grade-A jerk if you're yelling at them for not having done a hundred different jobs while they were sick, not having done them to your satisfaction, and currently being unable to continue doing all of them while running a marathon.

I'm simply pleased that they're still around, and still making headway here, especially when so many have been sent home and often can't work.
bruuuuuu is offline   #8 Reply With Quote