View Single Post
Goreshade

Old August 26th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Before going to bed last night (at 4am) I decided to push on and complete that page of the Wiki. I did change all the files as instructed, it works on all the summary windows but still not on the main tab.

Also.

Quote:
I think it's just that the wiki is telling you to test your work too early - before you've made all the necessary downstream changes that are required to let your change have an effect.
If so then that really, REALLY needs to change. This is the first page in the tutorial, dealing with a cornerstone component. I understand it may seem like a small thing to the experienced, but its a supremely discouraging thing to go up against as your starting out. If the changes to the main tab display come later in the example then the sentence needs to be replaced with a paragraph explaining where to see the changes at that step, like in the floating info windows.

So where do I fix the above problem? Tab_basics.dat has only the one reference and it has been changed exactly as instructed. As you can see the summary windows are fine. Did something fundamentally change recently in how HL handles display that invalidates something in the tutorial?
Goreshade is offline   #19 Reply With Quote