View Single Post
Nightfox

Old March 7th, 2024, 05:09 PM
the problem is i don't trust

I'd like the list on the PC with a validation check on the minion. That would seem to be the easiest way to avoid ... mistakes? ... accidents? ... yeah, we'll go with that, because I'm absolutely sure no one would deliberately switch abilities to something more advantageous or add to more creatures than they can link.

I don't think we'll need a full spellcasting tab on the creature, it could be handled entirely within the InPlay tab I think (it is very limited after all). But I want to make sure that they don't have more creatures linked than their limit, and they don't have more sets than their limit.

If I leave the table list to BaseSpell and class, is there a way to do a validation check to make sure that the selections are in their spellbooks, and throw up some red text if not?

note: one of the exploits I've already seen is someone who is going to be able to have 6 beasties in their link but only two sets. I kind of want to make sure they don't "accidentally" mix and match spells, or give a spell that isn't even on a set.

Last edited by Nightfox; March 7th, 2024 at 05:19 PM.
Nightfox is offline   #14 Reply With Quote