Thread: Cost of HLO?
View Single Post
Jodokai

Old February 1st, 2018, 07:13 PM
I love Hero Lab Classic. I have almost every package for Pathfinder and all the licenses since my wife and I each have our own Desktops, iPads and we share a Laptop. I've spent hundreds of dollars on Hero Lab. I want to make that clear so during the rest of my post you're not thinking "Ah he's just being cheap"

My issue is that you're making me buy a car, but I can only rent the keys. If there ever comes a day where renting the keys is no longer worth the cost, I've lost everything I put into the car. That money is just gone.

I pay $20 for the program, and then pay for all the packages, but if my sub ever lapses, I can no longer access the things I've purchased. That doesn't seem right.

Now right now the sub fee is $2 a month, no big deal, can you promise that that price won't go up? Of course not, and of course that price will eventually go up, how often and how much? You can't answer that. As I've said I've spent hundreds of dollars on Hero Lab Classic, and when I think about how upset I would be if I had to rent the ability to use the things I spent hundreds of dollars on, and the rent went higher than the worth to me, and all that money simply went down the drain. That's ridiculous.

I purchased Hero Lab Online, to try it out and give it its fair shake. I also wanted to see what would happen with the Alien Archive, I thought maybe the packages would be cheaper, but when I saw the alien archive was $12.99 the cost of a Bestiary, for something that has less than half the content of a bestiary I wanted to scream.

I hope Starfinder comes to Classic Hero Lab, until then, I'm glad you have a money back guarantee.
Jodokai is offline   #19 Reply With Quote