View Single Post
jkthomsen9

Old April 2nd, 2018, 08:11 PM
I recently went to a PFS game but was unable to get a seat at the pathfinder game. The only game available was Starfinder. As I had not played it before I gave it a go. End of the night and I have two XP and thought I would try creating a few characters with HL. First I was surprised I could not do it with Herolab. I took a look at Herolab Online and have some concerns. This is how I see it.

1. Need to purchase the data set @ $34.95. This dose not concern me as this has been the marketing plan for LWD since the beginning. You buy a data set.....you own it.

2. Pay a monthly fee to use data set. Now $2.00 a month is not a lot of money, but spending $24 a year to use a data set I already payed for seems disingenuous and i do not like people double dipping into my wallet. My main concern with this is that I have 75+ data sets for pathfinder in HL. I have no idea how much I have spent as it was $10 here $35 there, but it is a LOT! Seeing as the bundle cost for 2008-2016 is $374.99.

If we fast forward a few years, are we going to see thousands of customers having hundreds of dollars worth the product they have purchased held ransom for $2.00 a month?

3. Need an internet connection to use at all. Not a huge deal but inconvenient/devastating at times. I like to game at our cabin on long weekends. There is no signal at the cabin...on purpose. With classic you can at least play offline.

Please let me know if I have made any mistakes in my assumption above. I do not have a problem with subscription based plans or purchase based. I do have concerns if you do both.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote