View Single Post
SHeston

Old August 14th, 2023, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Is it not just the Slow effect from the armor?
That is what I am trying to determine.

Per the Armor and Shields table in PF1E CRB, Breastplate drops movement for Base Land Speed of 30 ft to 20 ft. Now Fast Movement specifically states that the +10 ft increase is to be applied BEFORE any other adjustments for encumberance and armor worn. It also states it stacks with other bonuses. That would bump to 40 ft. Perhaps donning the breastplate is ignoring the Fast movement by setting the Base Land Speed to 20 ft. That would explain the 20 ft drop for Configuration #3. As for Configuration #4, expending a Mythic Point only boostds speed by 5ft, not 10 ft, like the text says? Now that is a mystery in and of itself. I suspect the armor is the most likely culprit in how the speed is calculated.

In Configuration #3, when donning armor, movement drops from 70 ft to 50 ft, a 20 ft difference.

In Configuration #4, while wearing armor and expending a Mythic Point to gain and additional 10 ft / Tier of movement from Impossible Speed, it bumps up from 50 ft to 55 ft. Why just a 5 ft bump and being 25 ft less than wearing no armor and boosting Impossible Speed (80 ft)?

Either something is NOT getting included like it should OR I wasted taking an ability that is just being ignored altogether.

Is there a way to step through the "code" to see the values being applied when armor is applied or removed?
SHeston is offline   #5 Reply With Quote