View Single Post
kbs666

Old December 25th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzling View Post
Hey Rob, merry Xmas! I hope you and yours are having a relaxing and festive day.

In response to 1:
One of my main hopes for Realmworks is that it would enable me to plot, plan and track cross adventure story arcs.
Example: in adventure 1 a minor character is encountered who seems only tangentially relevant to the plot but has some important information that becomes relevant in a later adventure in the campaign.

I was hoping that the Storyboard feature would let me plot out all these interconnections in a visual manner (the only real way to track these "webs" of interactions that are non-linear).

Unfortunately because the storyboard feature is not an integral part of the Events category items (i.e. Storyboard Plot Points cannot also be Events or "scenes") it is mostly useless in this regard (they have no relevance to each other).

Essentially I believe the Storyboard feature should be able to have the Plot Points live in both Storyboard land and in Event land.

This would allow you to very quickly create visually mapped out non-linear adventures and campaigns as well as cross-adventure campaign arcs. Something that is just not very possible to do with the current Event setup.
You know that plot points can have any topic or plot associated with them, right?

I have non linear plots doing what you describe, I think, built using the storyboard.
kbs666 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote