View Single Post
Banpai

Old March 14th, 2020, 05:04 PM
I recently renewed my subscription and like some of the recent improvements, though it feels kind of bad to pay for the campaign theatre I really can't use.

My personal use case might be unusual, I basically use hero lab online as a character generator and to test builds, unfortunately, due to downtime (planned or unplanned) catching me at a bad time - I can not depend on the service working while I game.

Internet is often not an issue but I GM and play at some locations where it is just not a real option for me.

Of course, I mostly GM and play Paizo organized play for an often changing group of players and GMs, offline and using Roll20. Using the campaign theatre is really not a viable option for me, as an I have little control over what my players are using, and I have never used to option to roll something via hero lab.

If there was a slightly discounted option for a personal subscription without the theatre, that would be very interesting, I really don't mind paying to for server cost (and honestly depending on the discount, it would help me justify to purchase more products I might not use a lot).

Alternatively getting some added month ob subscriptions when you buy a new AP, or book could help with the perception of paying for something I have a harder time to justify.
Of course, that's just me I GM a lot more than I play some any subscription that only applies to my rare play opportunities is harder to justify
EDIT: I don't want to sound unfair, and I like some of the long term features and hope that they come sooner rather than later ^^

Last edited by Banpai; March 14th, 2020 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added more text
Banpai is offline   #9 Reply With Quote