View Single Post
the_redbeard

Old September 16th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
The fix is updating to the latest version of RW on all machines.

The thing that's confusing me is that the error message is indicating that a database version is ahead of the installed version of RW. I'm assuming it's the local database version, because normally when the server is ahead of your installed version of RW and a newer version is required to sync you get a different message on startup and you aren't allowed to sync until you update. (You can still work locally.)

There aren't many ways the local database could be getting ahead of the local version of the software. Copying the database file manually, uninstalling RW and installing an older version, and database corruption are some ways. Of them the only one I'd expect people to do is copy the database, but both of you have said you're not doing that. Thus confusion. :(
I can't replicate this anymore, and I haven't tried this while offline. I suspect that the RW program gets in touch with the Lone Wolf servers, and that a tag is sent that the out of date program would have some incompatibility with the Lone Wolf version of the database, which would prevent it from being able to access the LW version of the database, or sync to upgrade the local.
the_redbeard is offline   #25 Reply With Quote