View Single Post
Zortek

Old February 27th, 2017, 11:18 AM
tl;dr - Me2 - I'm left with a very bitter taste in my mouth. Complete buyers remorse; a feeling I believe I would maintain even if I had received the product for free.

Another thread on the topic: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=56458

In a valuation of time and effort vs. satisfying results, I have a much better return on investment from a blank-page, ground-up effort in C#. I have achieved better production-quality results, more joy, in far less time invested than with HL+AK.

That said, I've seen that there are some who have achieved satisfaction with this product -- I praise and support them with enthusiasm. I also know of many who are thrilled with the "canned" solutions for specifically supported game systems/mechanics. There is no disparagement due to anyone who has or has not derived joy from the product.

However, the state of the wiki (and the management thereof) is deplorable and worthy of stern finger-waggles and snorts-of-derision (if not utter condemnation).

I, too, don't wish to discourage you; however, it should be clear to anyone that seeks to venture down this path that it is a gauntlet that will test one's 1) tolerance for delayed satisfaction and 2) acceptance of sub-optimal (crowd-sourced) product support.

That said, as a non-sequitur, I am a huge fan and advocate for Realm Works (warts and all) as I believe (unlike Hero Lab), it has value that far exceeds any effort one is required to invest -- but, I posit that says more about the stellar quality of the product than it does post-release support.
Zortek is offline   #3 Reply With Quote