View Single Post
Dakadin

Old January 10th, 2016, 02:48 PM
I use Realmworks with FG and it works really well. The trick is to not do a bunch of duplicate work. Put the data for your world and adventure in Realmworks so you can take advantage of it's strengths.

In FG, I add the maps and NPCs. With the 5E content as you guessed, it is easy to add anything that you already have in a module. You just drag it from the module to your campaign and make any adjustments if necessary. Custom NPCs can take time unless you have another NPC that you can use as a base and just make the changes required.

Then create the encounters with the NPCs and maps in FG. That speeds things up because it is just a few clicks to get the NPCs in the combat tracker and on the map so you can start the combats quickly. Besides the number and type of NPCs, I don't usually worry about putting this in Realmworks since I will only need it during my game.

After that create the treasure parcels which contain the items and money rewards.

Just add the information you need to run your game. I often will have Realmworks or a PDF open along side so I can just read things off from there. Once you get the hang of it, you can set things up pretty quickly.

Hopefully that helps you get an idea of how it can work.
Dakadin is offline   #16 Reply With Quote