View Single Post
Zogg

Old December 8th, 2014, 07:51 PM
I got bored and started playing around with how I'd like to see the individual character reveal handled and thought I'd share my ideas.

In Example 1, clicking on a snippet (in this example, the last snippet shown) brings up the popup shown. Choosing either Hidden from All or Revealed to All will have exactly the same result as the current on/off options. Choosing Revealed to Some will bring up a second popup, which brings us to Example 2.

Since I have multiple players in multiple (play by email) games in the same setting, I'd like to be able to easily distinguish between the groups of PCs. This would require a container for adventure groups. In this example, I've only revealed the snippet to one PC in my west coast game.

And in Example 3, we see that hovering the cursor over a yellow snippet bullet shows which PCs have this information (I probably should have added 'click to change reveal status' to the top of this popup).

The end result is that at a glance I know that all my PCs are aware of Khazamon and know that he is an adult human male. I know that some of my PCs know a bit more, and by hovering over the yellow bullets, I can see that Pundgy and Matador are aware that Khazamon is a wizard, and that only Pundgy is aware that he is an advisor to Duke Reginald.

Am I close to what is being planned?
Attached Images
File Type: png Example1.png (55.4 KB, 54 views)
File Type: png Example2.png (63.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: png Example3.png (49.8 KB, 48 views)
Zogg is offline   #1 Reply With Quote