Thread: IF I were ROB
View Single Post
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 24th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I'm reposting this here because it fits the question, it's not a priority list, and it has potential to help make RW self-supporting.

Rob,

I hope you realize you can also target writers with Realm Works. Short story writers, playwrights, novelists, screen writers. Realm Works has a lot Potential (with a capital P) beyond your original vision.

Imagine someone has a long running series, like Star Trek, or a story arc series like Babylon 5. A product like Realm Works could track every character across every episode and facilitate continuity checking.

With a story arc series, the head writer could share limited content with an episode writer or with certain actors so they know only as much as they need to at the moment.

I'm sure there are other tools out there that are used for these things, but I doubt that they all have all the features of Realm Works, let alone all the planned features.

There may be a whole suite of feature requests that comes along with such a thing, including "we'd like our own, private cloud server", but those requests could also come with "here's my checkbook, tell me your price."

So, just wanted to tell you, I think you're selling your product short.
This is definitely something we've realized, and I think many on the team (including Rob) see this Potential. However, Realm Works is first and foremost a tool for Game Masters. We've promised a lot of features and tools for GMs, so we're going to focus on fulfilling those promises. Writers will find many of those features valuable as well, so it will be a win-win. However, writer specific features or a "writer version" of Realm Works (if we decide to do such a thing), would likely be down the road after we finish delivering on GM-specific features that we've promised from the beginning.
liz is offline   #9 Reply With Quote