View Single Post
zarlor

Old August 26th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
Power Armor is considered a vehicle. You'd use the values for the Power Armor, not the hero.
That doesn't really work, though. Vehicles have a Toughness rating and an Armor rating. Power Armor only has an Armor rating that is supposed to stack, as normal, with a character's toughness (and it follows the normal stacking rules for armor in that only the highest applies... actually Clint's clarifying statement on that was "A character can't wear body armor and power armor at the same time (unless it was specifically stated to be allowed).") This comes into play in several areas when trying to figure certain things out like the somewhat odd rule of how EMP grenades affect power armor (damage compared to character Toughness, minus the armor... seems odd and I may have to ask on the PEG forums about that, but that's not really important to this discussion). In any case I know that my players get very confused by not seeing the usual "5(13)" Toughness rating on their characters if they are wearing Light Power Armor, as an example. And working out how weapons affect the character along with AP and so on are commonly figured out from that perspective so I really think it should tack on the armor rating the way normal armor does to help us avoid the great confusion my entire group of players had in not seeing that value listed. (Which usually means they get annoyed at ME... I think they assume it's something I screwed up in a setting file or something, they're very mean to me, you know. )

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #327 Reply With Quote